Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christ Saving India Ministries

I was recently contacted by a minister of the gospel who lives in India. His request was simple, "Please join your hands in ours to save India for Christ Jesus.  If it is God's will and if it is your will, please pray for our ministries." His name is Pastor Revu Williams Ray. I invite you to his ministries website. www.csimin.com

I don't think someone who lives in America can understand what preaching the gospel of Christ in India is like. According to the CIA Fact book over 80% of the 1.1 billion people in India are Hindu. A little over 14% are Muslim and less than 3% of the Indian population is Christian. 

Christians in India have been described as "untouchables". For the most part, they are outcasts. Being an outcast or being shunned is not as bad as outright persecution. The Indian Christians are subject to persecution by the other religions. Although India has a secular government, protecting Christians from the Hindu and the Muslims is not a priority. One can visit www.persecution.org to see how our brothers and sisters in Christ are persecuted everywhere, including India.

How do the word of God and the knowledge of Christ get to places like India? The most common thought would be missionaries but that is not the only way. God has said that He will accomplish His will. 1Timothy 2:3-6 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (KJV)

Isaiah 46:9-11 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; [I am] God, and there is none like me; declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not [yet] done; saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure...yes, I have spoken, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed, I will also do it. (WEB) God wants them to come in to the knowledge of the truth and His will will be done! God uses men like Revu Williams Ray, He uses his creation and He also speaks to non-believers.

The contact from India reminded me of a story told in an article written by Preston J. Eby. A sister in Christ relates how that in recent years in Agra, India, she met a former "holy man" (sadhu) from the Hindu religion who had had a strange and marvelous experience. While he was praying in the temple, he heard an audible voice speak to him in a language he did not understand. He looked all over but could not find anyone. So he went to his "guru" and told him what had happened and asked him if he could explain it to him. The guru asked him to repeat the words that he had heard and when he did, the guru turned pale for he understood it, as it was in English and he knew the English language. The words that he had heard were, "Jesus is Lord, worship Him." When the guru told this to the sadhu, the sadhu asked who Jesus Christ was. He had never heard of Him. The guru said, "He is the God of the Christians. And He is the greatest of all Gods." "Then, why didn't you tell us about Him?" asked the sadhu. "Because if I had, you would have killed me." "What must I do then?" asked the sadhu. "You must go and search for Him, apparently He is calling you to be His disciple." End Quote. The former Hindu Holy man is serving Christ to this day. God has ways of accomplishing His will!

I would not be surprised to find that there are more Hindu Holy men who actually belong to Christ. Even among the Pharisees there were secret believers. (Nicodemus, John Chapter 3) The story of the Hindu holy man also brings to light the possibility of death for such beliefs!

Men may also see the work of creation and know that there is a creator. Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity; that they may be without excuse. (WEB) Yes, the creation can be seen; the inhabitants of the world have no excuse. There is definitely a Creator!

While we know how wrong it is to persecute or mistreat the Lord's people, we must remember that we are to love our enemies as our own. Luke 6:27,28 "But I tell you who hear: love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, and pray for those who mistreat you. (WEB) While we may find it hard to do, we must remember that God will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (1Timothy 2:4) God's Word is the light of the world. Isaiah 45:22,23 Look to me, and be you saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is none else. By myself have I sworn, the word is gone forth from my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, that to me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. (WEB)

Psalms 86:9 All nations you have made will come and worship before you, Lord. They shall glorify your name. (WEB) Is that not beautiful? All nations WILL worship the Lord. Christ Jesus gave himself a ransom for all! Resist the temptation to be a Jonah. Pray for your enemy rather than wishing for his destruction. God will deal justly with your enemy. And you, my brothers and sisters, will reign with Christ as sons and daughters of the Living God!

1John 4:14 We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as the Savior of the world. (WEB)







May God richly bless Pastor Revu Williams Ray and those like him who risk their personal well being to care for the poor and the little children. I ask you to please pray for the Christ Saving India Ministries.



 "Please join your hands in ours to save India for Christ Jesus.  If it is God's will and if it is your will, please pray for our ministries." Pastor Revu Williams Ray


Grace be with you!

5 comments:

  1. Greetings!

    Pastor Revu Williams Ray has contacted me through my blog as well, and we are corresponding with each other regularly and praying for each other. I am deeply moved his humbleness, his ministry, and his compassion for his people to win them for Jesus Christ!

    Grace be with you as well,
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Don. India's Christians are definitely blessed to have Revu Ray. mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace be the Lord,
    We a together! www.seesalvation.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings to you in Yeshua (Christ) our LORD and Saviour

    I’ve just been contacted on Facebook and Messenger by someone claiming to be connected to the C.S.I Ministries and claiming to be Pastor Williams Ray Revu, BUT also “suspiciously” with a “USA” address! after reading another Post about Pastor Williams Ray Revu coming across some difficulties concerning some dishonest “christian” organisation, So don’t know whether this was genuine or not?!

    Could you please give me some information concerning this matter?!

    Many thanks and blessings to you
    Shalom, maranatha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings! I do not know anything about a US address. I have corresponded with Revu Ray for years. He has sent me hundreds of photos. The best way I have found to support his ministry is through paypal. I suspect it may be easy to impersonate a public figure, but I do not know if this has happened. I trust him and will continue my support. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete